News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 09 Jan 2020
- January 11, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) What is the theme of the exercise MILAN 2020?
a) Synergy Across the Seas
b) Friendship Across the Seas
c) Enhancing Regional Cooperation for Combating Unlawful Activities at Sea
d) None of the above
• The exercise with the theme “Synergy Across the Seas” would provide an excellent opportunity for Operational Commanders of friendly foreign navies to interact with one another in areas of mutual interest.
• Visakhapatnam, the City of Destiny is to host MILAN 2020.
2) Researchers have managed to create a super-capacity prototype by re-engineering a Lithium Sulphur (Li-S) battery. Where is it being developed?
• Researchers at the University of Monash in Australia have managed to create a super-capacity prototype by re-engineering a Lithium Sulphur (Li-S) battery.
3) Which among the following is called the City of Destiny?
• It was the iconic former Vice Chancellor of Andhra University, Dr CR Reddy who is credited with coining the phrase ‘City of Destiny’ in the 1930s. He was instrumental in relocating the Andhra University, which was located in Bejawada to the port city of Vishakhapatnam which was then a little-known fisherman’s village — Waltair. Old towns like Ananthapur, Bejawada, Guntur, Machilipatnam, and Rajamundry, had greater credentials at that time since they were much more accomplished educational, cultural and business centers..
4) Which among the following statements about Black Box in an aeroplane is not true?
a) It is yellow in colour.
b) It helps investigators to know what happened before a crash.
c) It is fitted with an Underwater Locator Beacon (ULB)
d) None of the above
• A Black Box is not actually black at all, but bright orange.
• On January 8th, a passenger plane bound for Ukraine exploded as it slammed into a field in Iran, just minutes after takeoff killing at least 176 people on board. Questions remain about the cause, and there have been some contradictory statements from officials in both Iran and Ukraine.
5) Epiphany festival, recently seen in news is celebrated in parts of
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• On 6th January, the Epiphany festival was celebrated in parts of India, such as Goa and Kerala.
• In Goa, the celebration is known by its Portuguese name ‘Festa dos Reis’, and in parts of Kerala by its Syriac name ‘Denha’.