News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 20 Jan 2020
- January 22, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) India’s last reported polio case was from Howrah, West Bengal in the year
• The last case of polio in the country was reported from Howrah district in West Bengal on January 13, 2011. In the national Capital, the last case was reported in June 2009. In 2009, India had half the number of polio cases in the world, and in less than two years, the country brought polio infections down to zero.
2) K- 4 Ballistic Missile, developed by DRDO is
a) Nuclear capable
b) Underwater missile
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• The missile, developed by the DRDO, with its range of 3,500 km can bring almost all parts of Pakistan and several areas of China within its reach, officials said.
• The missile is set to be integrated with India’s Arihant class nuclear submarine.
3) The kyat is the currency of
• The kyat is the currency of Myanmar. It is often abbreviated as “K” or “Ks”, which is placed before or after the numerical value, depending on author preference.
4) Steppe eagle, recently sighted near Vijayawada, appears on the flags of
d) None of the above
• The Steppe Eagle appears on the flag of Kazakhstan. It is also the National bird (animal) of Egypt and appears on its flag.
5) Project 39-A, recemtly seen in news, is a unique initiative of
a) National Law University, Delhi
b) Delhi High Court
c) Supreme Court of India
d) All of the above
• Project 39-A is unique initiative of National Law University, Delhi inspired by Article 39-A of the Indian Constitution, a provision that furthers the intertwined values of equal justice and equal opportunity by removing economic and social barriers.