News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 28 Jan 2020
- January 30, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following states doesn’t have a Legislative Council?
d) Andhra Pradesh
• Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has approved a statutory resolution seeking the abolition of the Legislative Council.
• Under Article 169 of the constitution, Parliament may by law create or abolish the second chamber in a state if the Legislative Assembly of that state passes a resolution to that effect by a special majority.
2) Indian Home Rule League of America in New York City was founded in 1917 by
a) Lala Lajpat Rai
b) Sohan Singh Bhakna
c) Rabindranath Tagore
d) Pandurang Khankoje
• Lala Lajpat Rai founded the Indian Home Rule League of America in New York City in 1917.
3) India’s first Government-owned Waste-to-Energy Plant was recently commissioned in
• The country’s first Government-owned Waste-to-Energy Plant was recently commissioned at the Mancheswar Carriage Repair Workshop in Odisha.
• The plant, a patented technology called Polycrack, is first-of-its-kind in the Indian Railways and fourth in the country. It converts multiple feed stocks into hydrocarbon liquid fuels, gas, carbon and water.
4) India’s first underwater metro project is being constructed in the river
• The first underwater metro project is being constructed in Kolkata, a part of which will pass under the iconic Hoogly river on which the famous Howrah bridge is constructed.
5) Which among the following country is selected to head the G-77 grouping for 2020?
• Recently Guyana, a South American nation is selected to head the G-77 grouping.