News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 29 Jan 2020
- January 31, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following is the cheapest edible oil available naturally?
a) Palm oil
b) Coconut oil
c) Sunflower oil
d) Mustard oil
• India has cut import duty on crude palm oil (CPO) and refined, bleached and deodorised (RBD) palm oil, and also moved RBD oil from the “free” to the “restricted” list of imports.
• Palm oil is the cheapest edible oil available naturally. It is the main ingredient in hydrogenated vegetable oil.
2) Spitzer space telescope is going to shut down permanently after about 16 years of exploring the cosmos in infrared light. It was an initiative of
• On Jan. 30 the Spitzer Space Telescope received its final command. After more than 16 years of exploring the cosmos in infrared light, it was switched off permanently, ending its career as one of NASA’s Great Observatories. The spacecraft operated for more than 11 years beyond its prime mission.
3) Indian navy performed HADR operations under ‘Operation Vanilla’ in
• Indian navy will perform HADR operations in Madagascar under ‘Operation Vanilla’.
• It has been launched to provide assistance to the affected population of Madagascar post devastation caused by Cyclone Diane.
4) Which among the following is not one of the wetlands found in Punjab?
a) Kanjli Lake
c) Beas Conservation Reserve,
d) None of the above
• Harike Lake; Kanjli Lake; Ropar Lake ; Keshopur-Miani; Beas Conservation Reserve, Nangal are some of the wetlands found in Punjab.
5) African cheetahs are to be introduced in India. What is their IUCN status?
b) Least concern
d) Critically endangered
• It is IUCN Red Listed as Vulnerable, as it suffered a substantial decline in its historic range in the 20th century due to habitat loss, poaching for the illegal pet trade, and conflict with humans.