News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 01 Feb 2020
- February 3, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Currently, limit of insurance cover in case of bank failure on deposits is
a) ₹15 lakh
b) ₹5 lakh
c) ₹10 lakh
d) ₹1 lakh
• In Budget 2020, finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman has proposed to increase the limit of insurance cover in case of bank failure on deposits to ₹5 lakh from ₹1 lakh. The proposal come in the wake of crisis at Mumbai-based urban cooperative bank, PMC Bank.
2) Which among the following are taxes levied on market instruments in India?
a) Dividend Distribution Tax (DDT)
b) Securities Transaction Tax (STT)
c) Long-Term Capital Gains (LTCG) tax
d) All of the above
• Other than Dividend Distribution Tax (DDT), the Securities Transaction Tax (STT) and Long-Term Capital Gains (LTCG) tax are other major taxes levied on market instruments.
3) Yellow Rust, recently seen in news, is a disease affecting
d) None of the above
• Yellow Rust was recently detected in wheat crops in parts of Punjab and Haryana.
4) A ‘fruit train’, said to be the first of its kind in the country, was recently flagged off from Tadipatri Railway Station in
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
• A ‘fruit train’, said to be the first of its kind in the country, was recently flagged off from Tadipatri Railway Station in Andhra Pradesh.
• This is the first time in India that an entire train is being sent to the gateway port (JNPT) for export.
5) Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action of 1995, recently seen in news, is associated with
a) empowerment of women and girls
b) limiting the spread of terrorism
c) creating awareness about yoga
d) none of the above
• To mark of 25 years of the adoption of Beijing Platform for Action, Ministry of Women & Child Development (MWCD), the National Commission for Women (NCW) and UN Women organized a National Consultation on the Review of Beijing+25, to galvanize all stakeholders to implement actions that remove the most conspicuous barriers to gender equality. The aim of the consultation was to bring together civil society and the women and youth of India, gender equality advocates from all walks of life, in a national public conversation on the urgent actions that need to be taken for the realization of gender equality.