News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 08 Feb 2020
- February 10, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Court of Arbitration for Sport, recently seen in news, is located in
• It is an institution independent of any sports organization. It is located in Lausanne, Switzerland.
2) Ease of Living Index is aimed at providing a holistic view of Indian cities. It is released by
b) World Bank
c) Niti Aayog
d) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
• Ease of Living Index (EoLI) and Municipal Performance Index (MPI) 2019 have been launched by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs.
3) Which of the Indian state announced a ban on sale of CFL and filament bulbs as part of sustainable energy policy?
c) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
• Kerala state announced it will impose a ban on the sale of compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) and incandescent (filament) bulbs starting November this year as part of sustainable energy policy.
4) Which of the following is an indigenously made artillery gun used by India?
a) M-777 Ultra Light Howitzers
b) K9 Vajra-T
c) Bofors guns
• Sharang is first 130mm M-46 Artillery gun upgraded to 155mm by Ordnance Factory Board.
• M-777 Ultra Light Howitzers (ULH) from the U.S.
• K9 Vajra-T self-propelled artillery guns from South Korea.
• The 155mm Dhanush towed gun system, developed based on the Bofors guns by OFB, is under induction.
• Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS), a 155mm, 52 calibre gun, being jointly developed by the DRDO in partnership with Bharat Forge of Kalyani Group and Tata Power SED.
5) Which among the following planets were visited by Voyager 2 of NASA?
d) All of the above
• NASA has managed to fix its Voyager-2 probe remotely, almost 11.5 billion miles away from its location.
• It is the only spacecraft to have visited all four gas giant planets.