News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 11 Feb 2020
- February 13, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) National Youth Festival (NYF) 2020 will be hosted by
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
• Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and State Government of Uttar Pradesh are jointly organizing 23rd National Youth Festival (NYF) 2020 at Indira Pratishthan, Lucknow from 12th to 16th January, 2020. Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath and Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs & Sports, Shri Kiren Rijiju will inaugurate the NYF 2020 on 12th January on the occasion of birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, the great Youth icon. The inauguration will be followed by cultural/musical performance by local and renowned artists.
2) Which among the following is not one of the guidelines for getting SCS status?
a) Economically backward with poor infrastructure.
b) Located in hilly and challenging terrain.
c) High population density
d) Strategically situated along the borders of neighbouring countries.
• Some prominent guidelines for getting SCS status:
o Must be economically backward with poor infrastructure.
o The states must be located in hilly and challenging terrain.
o They should have low population density and significant tribal population.
o Should be strategically situated along the borders of neighbouring countries.
3) NDD is observed bi-annually on 10th February and 10th August in all states and UTs followed by mop-up activities. The medicine used for deworming is
a) Tranexamic acid
d) All of the above
• The NDD program is a cost-effective program at scale that continues to reach crores of children and adolescents with deworming benefits through a safe medicine Albendazole.
4) Which of the following is declared as Protected Special Agriculture Zone recently?
a) Cauvery Delta
b) Narmada Basin
c) Ravi Basin
d) None of the above
• Tamil Nadu CM declares Cauvery Delta as Protected Special Agriculture Zone. A law in this regard will be enacted soon. The protected zone will include Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam districts and delta regions of Trichy, Ariyalur, Cuddalore and Pudukkottai.
5) Exercise AJEYA WARRIOR – 2020 is a joint military exercise between India and
a) United Kingdom
d) None of the above
• The fifth edition of the Joint Military Exercise AJEYA WARRIOR – 2020 between India and the United Kingdom will be conducted at Salisbury Plains, United Kingdom in February 2020.