News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 17 Feb 2020
- February 19, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Mughal prince Dara Shikoh was buried in
1. He was the eldest son of Aurangzeb.
2. He is believed to be buried in the Humayun’s Tomb complex in Delhi.
Choose the correct answer using the codes given below
a) Hazira Maqbara
b) Humayun’s Tomb
c) Bibi Ka Maqbara
d) None of the above
• He was the eldest son of Shah Jahan. He was killed after losing the war of succession against his brother Aurangzeb. He is believed to be buried in the Humayun’s Tomb complex in Delhi.
2) Betelgeuse, recently seen in news, observed using the European Space Organisation’s (ESO) Very Large Telescope (VLT) is a
• Using the European Space Organisation’s (ESO) Very Large Telescope (VLT), astronomers have noticed the unprecedented dimming of Betelgeuse, a red supergiant star (over 20 times bigger than the Sun) in the constellation Orion. Along with the dimming, the star’s shape has been changing as well, as per recent photographs of the star taken using the VISIR instrument on the VLT.
3) Which among the following countries planned to launch a probe, named Hope to Mars with the help of NASA
d) Saudi Arabia
• It is a planned space exploration probe mission to Mars funded by the United Arab Emirates and built by the Mohammed bin Rashid Space Centre, University of Colorado, Arizona State University, and University of California, Berkeley and set for launch in 2020.
4) The Asur language figures in the list of UNESCO Interactive Atlas of the World’s Languages in Danger. Asur is a Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups found in
b) Madhya Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
• Asur is among the nine Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups found in Jharkhand.
5) Which among the following trains are brought under Railways’ corporate train model?
a) Kashi Mahakal Express
b) Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express
c) Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express
d) All of the above
• In this model, the corporation takes all the decisions of running the service– fare, food, onboard facilities, housekeeping, complaints etc. Indian Railways is free from these encumbrances and gets to earn from IRCTC a pre-decided amount, being the owner of the network.
• The Kashi Mahakal Express is the country’s third ‘corporate’ train after the two Tejas Express trains between Delhi-Lucknow and Mumbai-Ahmedabad started over the past few months.