News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 19 Feb 2020
- February 21, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) In International Intellectual Property Index 2020, India was ranked
• It is released by Global Innovation Policy Center.
• India has been ranked 40th out of 53 countries on global intellectual property index 2020.
2) Northern European Enclosure Dam (NEED), may be constructed enclosing all of the North Sea, is to mitigate
b) Climate Change
d) None of the above
• A research paper accepted by American Meteorological Society has proposed an extraordinary measure to protect 25 million people and important economic regions of 15 Northern European countries from rising seas as a result of climate change. It proposes for a mammoth construction of Northern European Enclosure Dam (NEED) enclosing all of the North Sea.
3) Which among the following is Thermal coal?
d) All of the above
• Thermal coal, also known as steam coal, is used for power and heat generation. As per ranks of the coal the Peat, Lignite and Sub-Bituminous ranges of coal are usually used as Thermal Coal.
4) Kala Kumbh, handicrafts exhibitions for promotion of Geographical Indication (GI) Crafts and heritage of India is organized
a) Ministry of Textiles
b) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
c) Ministry of Tourism
d) Ministry of Culture
• Kala Kumbh is a Handicrafts Exhibitions for promotion of Geographical Indication (GI) Crafts and heritage of India organized by Ministry of Textiles. The exhibitions sponsored by Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH).
5) International Mother Language Day (IMLD) is celebrated on
a) 21st February
b) 1st January
c) 22nd January
d) 13th February
• It is a worldwide annual observance held on 21st February to promote awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism.
• It was formally recognized by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in 2008.