News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 05 Mar 2020
- March 7, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) The Union Cabinet led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the consolidation of ten Public Sector Banks (PSBs) into four. Among those, Syndicate Bank was amalgamated into
a) Union Bank of India
b) Allahabad Bank
c) Corporation Bank
d) Canara Bank
• Syndicate Bank is one of the oldest and major commercial banks of India. It was founded by T M A Pai, Upendra Pai and Vaman Kudva. … On 30 August 2019, the Government of India announced the bank would be merged into Canara Bank.
2) Which among the following about virtual currencies (VCs) is not true in India?
a) RBI prohibited banks from providing services in relation to virtual currencies (VCs).
b) Supreme Court banned trade in cryptocurrencies
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) not (b)
• The Supreme Court has set aside an April 6, 2018, circular of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) that prohibited banks and entities regulated by it from providing services in relation to virtual currencies (VCs).
3) The government has approved a scheme for the amalgamation of 10 state-owned banks into four. Which among the following is not an effect of mergers?
a) Improving the professional standards
b) Reduction in the cost of doing business.
c) Becomes difficult to meet BASEL III norms
d) None of the above
• It will help in meeting more stringent norms under BASEL III, especially capital adequacy ratio.
4) Swam deer are already extinct in Pakistan and Bangladesh. It is the state animal of
d) Madhya Pradesh.
• Hard ground swamp deer is also known as Barasingha or Rucervus duvaucelii, the state animal of Madhya Pradesh. It is seeing a revival in the Kanha National Park and Tiger Reserve (KNPTR) after having been perilously close to extinction for a long time.
5) How many Indian institutes/universities are ranked under 50 in Engineering and Technology category in World University Rankings by Subject 2020?
• Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay and IIT Delhi have secured 44th and 47th positions respectively in Engineering and Technology category.
• QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) has released the World University Rankings by Subject 2020.