News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 07 Mar 2020
- March 9, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) In Indian context, Delimitation Commission is a
a) Constitutional body
b) Executive body
c) Statutory body
d) None of the above
• It is a temporary statutory body constituted under Delimitation Commission Act. Such commissions have been constituted at least four times in India — in 1952 under the Delimitation Commission Act, 1952; in 1963 under Delimitation Commission Act, 1962; in 1973 under Delimitation Act, 1972 and last in 2002 under Delimitation Act, 2002.
2) India was recently accepted as an observer in the Indian Ocean Commission. Which among the following pairs are not members of Indian Ocean Commission?
a) Comoros and Madagascar,
b) Mauritius and Réunion
c) Seychelles and Mauritius
d) Sri Lanka and Maldives
• The COI is composed of five African Indian Ocean nations: Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Réunion (an overseas region of France), and Seychelles.
3) Operation Vanilla is a support programme by Indian Navy to help the flood affected region of
b) Sri Lanka
• Indian Navy has launched ‘Operation Vanilla’ by sending INS Airavat, in support of flood-hit Madagascar in January 2020, which was in line with India’s vision of Security and Growth for all in the Region (SAGAR).
4) First-ever five-day Khelo India Winter Games in India is being organised at
a) Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir
b) Darjeeling, West Bengal
c) Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
d) Guwahati, Assam
• Union Sports Ministry inaugurated first-ever five-day Khelo India Winter Games at Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir. It is being organised to promote winter sports in India and to popularise it among the youths of the country.
5) Great Barrier Reef, recently seen in news for coral bleaching, is located in
a) Sri Lanka
• The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest coral reef system composed of over 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands stretching for over 2,300 kilometres over an area of approximately 344,400 square kilometres. The reef is located in the Coral Sea, off the coast of Queensland, Australia.
• When a coral bleach, it does not die but comes pretty close to it. Some of the corals may survive the experience and recover once the sea surface temperature returns to normal levels.
• It is a world heritage site.