News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 09 Mar 2020
- March 11, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Nari Shakti Puraskar was initiated in the year
• To acknowledge Women’s achievements, the Government of India confers Nari Shakti Puraskars on eminent women and institutions in recognition of their service towards the cause of women empowerment.
• It was Initiated in the year 1999.
2) With reference to Indian history, Marakkars clan defended India against
• Recently, a petition was filed in the Kerala High Court against the film- Marakkar: The Lion of the Arabian Sea, alleging ‘distortion of history’ and demanding a stay on the release. It is said to be the most expensive Malayalam film ever made.
• The film is based on Kunjali Marakkar IV, who earned his reputation with his fierce onslaught on Portuguese ships, the favours he gave those who fought against the Portuguese, and his efforts to strengthen the fort at Kottakkal.
3) 2020 marks the 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action (Beijing+25). It deals with
b) Environmental degradation
c) Women Empowerment
d) COVID 19 virus
• 2020 marks the 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action (Beijing+25), the most visionary agenda on women’s empowerment to date.
4) The only living member of the genus Ailurus, the Red Panda is listed as ‘endangered’ on the IUCN Red List of threatened species. It is the state animal of
a) Jammu & Kashmir
b) West Bengal
• About 5,000-6,000 red pandas are estimated to be present in four Indian states – Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Sikkim and West Bengal. This is the second-largest population after China (6,000-7,000). Nepal accounts for 580 animals, while Bhutan and Mynamar have no estimate of the animal’s population.
• It is the state animal of Sikkim.
5) First Gender Social Norms Index was recently released. It was released by
a) UN Development Programme (UNDP)
b) World Economic Forum
c) UN Women
d) None of the above
• he first Gender Social Norms Index was recently released by the UN Development Programmme (UNDP).
• This index measures how social beliefs obstruct gender equality in areas like politics, work, and education, and contains data from 75 countries, covering over 80 percent of the world’s population.