News & Events
Current Afffairs Quiz , 12 Mar 2020
- March 14, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) “Happy hour” for autorickshaws was recently celebrated in
• Maharashtra govt approves implementation of “happy hour” for autorickshaws. Maharashtra government has approved the implementation of “happy hour” for autorickshaws as recommended by Khatua panel. A government resolution states that fares will be slashed by 15 percent between 12 noon and 4 pm.
2) Which among the following are categorised as Tier-1 capital as per the Based III framework?
a) Common Equity (CET)
b) Additional Capital (AT1)
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) not (b)
• Under the Based III framework, banks’ regulatory capital is divided into Tier 1 and Tier 2 capital. Tier 1 capital is subdivided into Common Equity (CET) and Additional Capital (AT1).
• They are a type of unsecured, perpetual bonds that banks issue to shore up their core capital base to meet the Basel-III norms..
3) YUVIKA scheme, recently seen in news, is launched by
a) Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
b) Dept. of Science and Technology
c) Dept. of Atomic Energy
d) Indian Space Research Organsisation
• YUva VIgyani KAryakram is a special programme for School Children, in tune with the Government’s vision “Jai Vigyan, Jai Anusandhan”.
• It was launched by Indian Space Research Organisation.
4) “reset to zero” proposal, recently seen in news, deals with
a) Climate Change
b) International Trade
d) None of the above
• The “reset to zero” proposal would mean “removing the restriction for any person, any citizen, including the current president, and allowing them to take part in elections in the future, naturally in open and competitive elections”.
5) World Kidney Day is observed annually on the 2nd Thursday in March. What’s the theme of 2020 world kidney day?
a) Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere
b) Kidneys and Women’s Health
c) Kidney Disease and Obesity
d) None of the above
• World Kidney Day is a global health awareness campaign focusing on the importance of the kidneys and reducing the frequency and impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide. World Kidney Day is observed annually on the 2nd Thursday in March.
• This year’s theme is ‘Kidney health for everyone everywhere – from prevention to detection and equitable access to care’.