News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz, 18 Mar 2020
- April 12, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following are required in the body for Blood Clotting?
c) Vitamin K
d) All of the above
- Apart from platelets, calcium ions and Vitamin K are needed for clotting.
- Recently, scientists from the Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) (under department of S&T) have developed a starch-based ‘hemostat’ material that concentrates the natural clotting factors in blood by physically absorbing excess fluid.
2) National Institute of Social Defence is a
a) Statutory body
b) Constitutional body
c) Armed force
d) None of the above
- The National Institute of Social Defence (NISD) is an Autonomous Body and is registered under Societies Act XXI of 1860 with the Government of National Capital Territory (NCT), Delhi.
3) Water Plus, recently seen in news, deal with
a) sustain toilets by treating and reuse of water
b)Raising immunity by breaking the chain of transfer of disease
c) focuses on toilets with sludge and septage management
d) none of the above
- Announced in August 2019, Water Plus aims to sustain toilets by treating and reuse of water. It contributes to the government’s focus on water conversation and reuse under the Jal Shakti Abhiyan and is in alignment with United Nations-mandated Sustainable Development Goal No 6 on clean water and sanitation.
4) Which among the following is a benefit enjoyed by Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders?
a) right to vote
b) right to any public service/government jobs
c) own agricultural property
d) None of the above
- There are certain restrictions placed on OCI card holders:
- Do not have right to vote.
- Do not have right to any public service/government jobs
- Cannot hold offices of – Prime Minister, President, Vice -President, Judge of Supreme Court and High Court, member of Parliament or Member of state legislative assembly or council.
- Cannot own agricultural property.
5) Potential Fishing Zone (PFZ) are identified by collecting data on
a) chlorophyll concentration
b) sea surface temperature
c) both (a) and (b)
d) neither (a) nor (b)
- Potential Fishing Zone (PFZ) utilizes data on chlorophyll concentration (Chl) obtained from ISRO’s Oceansat-2 satellite and the sea surface temperature from National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA / USA satellites).