News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz, 19 Mar 2020
- April 12, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Ordnance Factory Day is observed on
a) 18th March
b) 19th March
c) 23rd April
d) 15th January
- The Ordnance Factory Day is observed on the 18 March. The Ordnance Factories are observing their 219th foundation day this year.
2) Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) is headed by
a) Defence Secretary
b) Defence Minister
c) Prime Minster
d) Foreign Secretary
- To counter corruption and speed up decision- making in military procurement, the government of India in 2001 decided to set up an integrated DAC. It is headed by the Defence Minister.
3) Herd immunity, recently seen in news, doesn’t deal with
a) Raising immunity by immunisation
b) Raising immunity by breaking the chain of transfer of disease
c) estimate the extent of spread and immunity
d) none of the above
- Herd immunity refers to preventing an infectious disease from spreading by immunizing a certain percentage of the population.
- This breaks the chain of infection through the community (“herd”), and prevents it from reaching those who are the most vulnerable.
- To estimate the extent of spread and immunity, epidemiologists use a measure called the ‘basic reproductive number’ (R0).
4) Danube-Oder-Elbe Canal intends to connect the Danube, Oder and Elbe rivers. It connects
a) Black Sea
b) Baltic Seas
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
- The Danube-Oder-Elbe Canal intends to connect the Danube, Oder and Elbe rivers and thus provide another navigable link from the Black Sea to the North and Baltic Seas.
5) Artemis Mission is a space mission by
d) None of the above
- NASA’s Artemis mission is the next chapter in the US agency’s space exploration program. It aims to send first woman and next man on the Moon by 2024.