News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz, 23 Mar 2020
- April 14, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Global Innovation & Technology Alliance (GITA) is an initiative of :
a) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
b) Technology Development Board
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
- Technology Development Board under DST invites technology proposals for fighting COVID 19.
- In order to stimulate private sector’s investment in R&D, TDB has established Global Innovation & Technology Alliance (GITA).
- It is a joint venture between Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and TDB with an equity contribution of 51:49 respectively.
2) Reunion Island, a part of French republic, is located in
a) Indian Ocean
b) Atlantic Ocean
c) Mediterranean Sea
d) Aegean Sea
- Reunion is an overseas department and region of the French Republic and an island in the Indian Ocean, east of Madagascar and 175 km southwest of Mauritius.
3) Olive Ridley is listed under IUCN Red List as
c) Critically Endangered
d) None of the above
- Gahirmatha marine sanctuary and Rushikulya rookery coast in Ganjam district are main Olive Ridley Nesting sites in Odisha. Of these sites, Gahirmatha marine sanctuary is the largest rookery (mass nesting site) of Olive Ridley turtles.
4) Kopili river, recently seen in news, flows through
d) Tamil Nadu
- The Carissa kopilii is threatened by the very river it is named after — Kopili in central Assam. It is a distant cousin of multi- utility wild berry.
5) World Water Day celebrated on
a) March 21
b) March 22
c) March 23
d) April 1
- Annually, March 22 is celebrated as World Water Day, with the objective of raising awareness about the water-related issues