News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz, 26 Mar 2020
- April 16, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following statements about Hanta Virus is incorrect?
a) It is novel virus.
b) It is contracted by humans from infected rodents.
c) It’s mortality rate is higher than COVID-19
d) All of the above
- The Hantavirus is not novel and its first case dates back to 1993, according to the US Centre for Disease Control (CDC).
- It is contracted by humans from infected rodents.
- The CDC maintains that HPS can be fatal and has a mortality rate of 38 per cent while that of COVID is 7.2%.
2) Legacy Waste, recently seen in news, refers to
a) Nuclear waste
b) Petroleum waste
c) Biodegradable waste
d) Landfill waste
- Legacy wastes are the wastes that have been collected and kept for years at some barren land or a place dedicated for Landfill (an area to dump solid waste).
3) MACS 4028, recently seen in news, is a newly developed bio fortified variety of
- Recently, scientists from Agharkar Research Institute (ARI), Pune, have developed a bio fortified durum wheat variety MACS 4028.
4) Which of the following is not correct about Capital-to-risk Weighted Assets Ratio?
a) RBI stipulated CRAR is less than that specified by Basel norms
b) It is the ratio of a bank’s capital to its risk weighted assets
c) Basel III norms stipulated a capital to risk weighted assets of 8%.
d) All of the above
- The Basel III norms stipulated a capital to risk weighted assets of 8%. However, as per RBI norms, Indian scheduled commercial banks are required to maintain a CRAR of 9%.
5) With regard to recapitalization of RRBs, who identifies which RRB require recapitalization assistance to maintain the mandatory CRAR of 9%?
c) Ministry of Finance
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) identifies those RRBs, which require recapitalization assistance to maintain the mandatory CRAR of 9% based on the CRAR position of RRBs, as on 31st March of every year.