News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz, 01 April 2020
- April 25, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts is established in the year of
- The Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) was established under Companies Act in the year 1986-87.
- It is a non-profit organization, with an object to promote, support, protect, maintain and increase the export of handicrafts.
2) Which among the statements about Ways and Means Advances is incorrect?
a) The rate of interest is the same as the repo rate
b) Tenure is one month
c) Temporary loan facilities provided by RBI
d) All of the above
- They are temporary loan facilities provided by RBI to the government to enable it to meet temporary mismatches between revenue and expenditure. The rate of interest is the same as the repo rate, while the tenure is three months.
3) Sun Radio Interferometer Space Experiment (SunRISE) is an array of six CubeSats operating as one very large radio telescope to study how the Sun releases solar particle storms. It is an initiative by
d) All of the above
- NASA has selected a new mission to study how the Sun generates and releases giant space weather storms – known as solar particle storms – into planetary space.
4) What is the approximate weightage of Eight Core Industries in the Index of Industrial Production (IIP)?
a) Less than 50%
b) Less than 25%
c) More than 75%
d) Between 50 and 75%
- Eight Core Industries comprise 40.27 per cent of the weight of items included in the Index of Industrial Production (IIP)
5) “Stranded in India” programme which aims to help the foreign tourists amidst COVID-19 threats and Lock Down is launched by
a) Ministry of External Affairs
b) Ministry of Tourism
c) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
d) None of the above
- Ministry of Tourism has launched “Stranded in India”, a portal aimed to support foreign tourists. The portal aims to disseminate information to the foreign tourists stuck far away from their homeland amidst COVID-19 threats and Lock Down.