News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz, 13 April 2020
- May 3, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) What change was observed in the Seismic noise of earth during the period of lock down?
c) Stayed the same
d) All of the above
- It refers to the relatively persistent vibration of the ground due to a multitude of causes.
- Scientists have observed a fall in levels of ambient seismic noise since lock downs across the world.
- Scientists at the British Geological Survey (BGS) have reported a change in the Earth’s seismic noise and vibrations amid the coronavirus lockdown.
2) MSP for MFP scheme, recently seen in news, is an initiative by
a) Ministry of Finance
b) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
c) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare
d) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- TRIFED asks State Nodal Departments & Implementing Agencies to initiate procurement from available funds under ‘MSP for MFP scheme’.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs will be the nodal Ministry for implementation and monitoring of the scheme. The Minimum Support Price would be determined by the Ministry with technical help of TRIFED.
3) What is taken from the blood of the person who donate it for convalescent-plasma therapy?
a) Red Blood Cells
- India has taken a bold step to provide innovative treatment to patients suffering from COVID-19 disease- plasma therapy.
- Convalescent serum, that is the blood serum obtained from one who has recovered from an infectious disease and especially rich in antibodies for that pathogen, is then administered to a COVID-19 patient.
4) Which among the following is not one of the uses of Fly Ash?
a) Concrete production
b) Stabilization of soft soils
c) Soil amendments
d) None of the above
- Fly ash can be used in the following ways:
- Concrete production, as a substitute material for Portland cement, sand.
- Fly-ash pellets which can replace normal aggregate in concrete mixture.
- Embankments and other structural fills.
- Cement clinker production – (as a substitute material for clay).
- Stabilization of soft soils.
- Road subbase construction.
- As aggregate substitute material (e.g. for brick production).
- Agricultural uses: soil amendment, fertilizer, cattle feeders, soil stabilization in stock feed yards, and agricultural stakes.
- Loose application on rivers to melt ice.
- Loose application on roads and parking lots for ice control.
5) World Homoeopathy Day commemorates the 265th birth anniversary of Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of Homoeopathy. It is celebrated on
a) 10th April
b) 11th May
c) 1st May
d) 31st May
- The theme of 2020 is “Enhancing the scope of Homoeopathy in Public Health”. It is observed on 10th April 2020.