News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 16 April 2020
- May 4, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) “DekhoApnaDesh” webinar series is an initiative by
a) Ministry of Tourism
b) Ministry of External Affairs
c) Ministry of Culture
d) Both (a) and (c)
• The Ministry of Tourism has launched its “DekhoApnaDesh” webinar series to provide information on the many destinations and details and expanse of the culture and heritage of our Incredible India. The move comes as tourism is hugely impacted with no movement happening either domestically or from across the border due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
2) Long Period Average (LPA) is the averages of rainfall received between 1951 and 2001over a period of
a) 10 years
b) 25 years
c) 100 years
d) 50 years
• Long Period Average (LPA) is the averages of rainfall received over a 50-year period between 1951 and 2001, this average comes to 88 cm of rainfall (according to recent change).
3) ‘Nyaya Deep’ is the official newsletter of
a) Supreme Court
c) Bar Council of India
d) None of the above
• The National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) has said that around 11,077 undertrials have been released from prisons nationwide as part of the mission to decongest jails following the COVID-19 pandemic.
• ‘Nyaya Deep’ is the official newsletter of NALSA.
4) Thrissur Pooram, recently seen in news, is a festival celebrated in the state of
a) Tamil Nadu
• Thrissur Pooram has been cancelled for the first time on account of the COVID-19 outbreak.
5) Which among the following iscorrect about floor test?
b) Transferrable vote
c) Voice vote
d) All of the above
• A floor test is the determination on the floor of the House (in this case, the Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha) whether the Chief Minister commands the support of the majority of the MLAs.
• This can be done by means of a voice vote, or by recording the vote of each MLA in the House. This determination of majority is done in a sitting of the legislature, for which the legislature has to be convened.