News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 17 April 2020
- May 5, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Trimeresurussalazar is a new species, the fifth variety of reptile to have been discovered in Arunachal Pradesh in a little more than a year. It is a
• Trimeresurussalazar is a new species, the fifth variety of reptile to have been discovered in Arunachal Pradesh in a little more than a year.
• Salazar’s pit viper belongs to the genus TrimeresurusLacépède comprising charismatic venomous serpents with morphologically as well as ecologically diverse species.
2) Post-intensivecare syndrome (PICS), recently heard in news, refers to
a) ICU-acquired neuromuscular weakness
b) Cognitive(thinking and judgment) impairment
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• PICS is defined as new or worsening impairment in physical (ICU-acquired neuromuscular weakness), cognitive (thinking and judgment), or mental health status arising after critical illness and persisting beyond discharge from the acute care setting.
3) Chitra GeneLAMP-N, recently seen in news, is a diagnostic test kit that can confirm
• It is a diagnostic test kit that can confirm COVID19 in 2 hours at low cost.
• It has been developed by Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, an Institute of National Importance, of the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
4) Which among the following can be considered as a pandemic that altered the course of human history?
a) Justinian Plague
b) Spanish Flu
c) Black Death
d) All of the above
• Justinian Plague: Broke out in the sixth century in Egypt and spread fast to Constantinople, which was the capital of the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire. The plague was named after the then Byzantine Emperor Justinian. The outbreak had killed up to 25 to 100 million people.
• Black Death: The Black Death, or pestilence, hit Europe and Asia in the 14th century. It killed some 75 to 200 million people. Black Death led to improved wages for serfs and agricultural labourers. Land became more abundant relative to labour. It also led to the weakening of the Catholic Church.
• Spanish Flu: Broke out during the last phase of the First World War. Germans and Austrians were affected so badly that the outbreak derailed their offensives.
5) Zero yield, often seen in news, refers to
a) Field trial for new medicine
b) Test kits for covid 19
c) A nuclear test
d) None of the above
• Zero yield refers to a nuclear test in which there is no explosive chain reaction of the type ignited by the detonation of a nuclear warhead.
• U.S. state department suspects that China may have secretly set off low-level underground nuclear test explosions despite claiming to observe an international pact banning such blasts.