News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 25 April 2020
- May 8, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the acts does the proposed Industrial Relations Code Bill, 2019 aims to amalgamate?
a) Trade Unions Act, 1926
b) Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946
c) Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
d) All of the above
• It proposes to amalgamate Trade Unions Act, 1926, Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946, and Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
• In case of natural calamities, payment of wages to the workers until the re-establishment of the industry may be unjustifiable. The law has to be reasonable, in such cases it is for the government to step in and extend a helping hand for the industries.
2) Nilachal hills, where a world-famous fertility cult is celebrated, is located in
b) Arunachal Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
• In the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, the annual Ambubachi Mela of Assam has been cancelled this year.The festival symbolises the fertility cult of goddess Kamakhya.Kamakhya, atop Nilachal Hills in Guwahati, is one of 51 shaktipeeths or seat of Shakti followers, each representing a body part of the Sati, Lord Shiva’s companion.
3) Malaria, spread by female Anopheles mosquitoes, are caused by
d) All of the above
• It is caused by a parasite that commonly infects a certain type of mosquito which feeds on humans. It is spread by female Anophelesmosquitoes which deposit parasite sporozoites into the skin of a human host.
• World Malaria Day 2020 is being celebrated by the World Health Organisation (WHO) on April 25 with the theme ‘Zero malaria starts with me’.
4) Commodity Markets Outlook is released by
d) World Bank
• World Bank’s April 2020 Commodity Markets Outlook has been released.Commodity Markets Outlook provides market analysis for major commodity groups — energy, metals, agriculture, precious metals, and fertilizers.
5) Operation Twist, recently seen in news, is an initiative by
b) Indian Army
d) Indian Air Force
• ‘Operation Twist’ is RBI’s simultaneous selling of short-term securities and buying of long term securities through open market operations (OMO). Under this mechanism, the short-term securities are transitioned into long-term securities.