News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 27 April 2020
- May 9, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Supreme Court had constituted its largest ever bench in the case where basic structure doctrine was introduced.How many judges were present in the bench?
• By a 7-6 verdict, a 13-judge Constitution Bench ruled that the ‘basic structure’ of the Constitution is inviolable, and could not be amended by Parliament. The basic structure doctrine has since been regarded as a tenet of Indian constitutional law.
• The court did not define the ‘basic structure’, and only listed a few principles — federalism, secularism, democracy — as being its part. Since then, the court has been adding new features to this concept.
2) Spratly Islands, recently seen in news, is located in
a) South China Sea
b) Mediterranean Sea
c) Black Sea
d) East China Sea
• The ongoing territorial dispute is between China, Taiwan, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Malaysia concerning the ownership of the Spratly Islands archipelago and nearby geographical features like corals reefs, cays etc.
3) First ever digital, unified, global, geological map of the moon is released recently by
d) Both (b) and (c)
• It was released virtually by the United States Geological Survey (USGS), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Nasa) and the Lunar Planetary Institute on April 22, 2020.
4) Sharana movement produced a corpus of literature, the vachanas, that unveiled the spiritual universe of the Veerashaiva saints. Who among the following is associated with it?
d) All of the above
• The egalitarianism of Basavanna’s Sharana movement was too radical for its times.The Sharana movement he presided over attracted people from all castes, and like most strands of the Bhakti movement, produced a corpus of literature, the vachanas, that unveiled the spiritual universe of the Veerashaiva saints.
5) Hydrogen fuel can be used in
a) Fuel cells
b) Internalcombustion engines
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• NTPC Ltd, India’s largest power producer and a central PSU under Ministry of Power, has invited Global Expression of Interest (EoI) to provide 10 Hydrogen Fuel Cell (FC) based electric buses and an equal number of Hydrogen Fuel Cell based electric cars in Leh and Delhi.The move to procure Hydrogen Fuel Cell based vehicles is first of its kind project in the country, wherein a complete solution from green energy to the fuel cell vehicle would be developed.Hydrogen fuel is a zero-emission fuel burned with oxygen.It can be used in fuel cells or internal combustion engines.