News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 28 April 2020
- May 9, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Scientists are saying that the ozone hole over North pole has closed due to a phenomenon called polar vortex. Polar vortex spins in
• The polar vortex spins in the stratosphere.
2) Communities of Chakmas and Hajongs, often seen in news, are residents of
b) Arunachal Pradesh
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Jammu & Kashmir
• Chakmas and Hajongs were originally residents of Chittagong Hill Tracts in the erstwhile East Pakistan. They left their homeland when it was submerged by the Kaptai dam project in the 1960s.The Chakmas, who are Buddhists, and the Hajongs, who are Hindus, also allegedly faced religious persecution and entered India through the then Lushai Hills district of Assam (now Mizoram). The Centre moved the majority of them to the North East Frontier Agency (NEFA), which is now Arunachal Pradesh.
3) Ruhdaar, recently seen in news, is a
a) Newly discovered mountain pass
b) Low-cost solar cooker
c) Low-cost mechanical ventilator
d) None of the above
• It is a low-cost mechanical ventilator to fight against COVID19.Developed by IIT Bombay team.The cost of production of one ventilator is Rs 10,000.
4) Which among the following countries have signed Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT)?
b) North Korea
• China, Egypt, Iran, Israel and the United States have signed but not ratified the Treaty; India, North Korea and Pakistan have not signed it.
5) Central Vigilance Commissioner is appointed by the President of India on the recommendations of a committee consisting of
1. It is the apex vigilance institution created via executive resolution.
2. They are appointed by the President of India on the recommendations of a committee consisting of Prime Minister, Union Home Minister and Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha
Choose the correct answer using the codes given below
a) Prime Minister
b) Union Home Minister
c) Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha
d) All of the above
• They are appointed by the President of India on the recommendations of a committee consisting of Prime Minister, Union Home Minister and Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha
• Sanjay Kothari appointed as Central Vigilance Commissioner by President.