News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 29 April 2020
- May 10, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Researchers at which of the following institutes have for the first time created and imaged a novel pair of quantum dots?
a) Indian Institute of Science
b) National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
c) IIT Bombay
d) IIT Madras
• Quantum dots (QDs) are man-made nanoscale crystals that that can transport electrons.Researchers at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) have for the first time created and imaged a novel pair of quantum dots.
2) Government of India signed a $1.5 billion loan agreement for COVID-19 Active Response and Expenditure Support Programme (CARES Programme) with
a) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
b) World Health Organisation (WHO)
c) World Bank
d) All of the above
• Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $1.5 billion loan agreement for the ADB’s COVID-19 Active Response and Expenditure Support Programme (CARES Programme).
3) U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) has released its 2020 report. India was ranked along with
b) Saudi Arabia
d) All of the above
• India is placed alongside countries, including China, North Korea, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.
4) The eleventh and first ever virtual Petersberg Climate Dialogue was held on April 28th 2020. It was an initiative of
• The eleventh and first ever virtual Petersberg Climate Dialogue was held on April 28th 2020.This has been hosted by Germany since 2010.
5) Global Terrorism Index (GTI) is released by
a) World Economic Forum
b) Institute for Economics and Peace
c) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
d) Financial Action Task Force
• GTI scores are directly used in the Global Peace Index, the Global Slavery Report published by the Walk Free Foundation, and indirectly used in computing country scores in the World Economic Forum’s Travel and Tourism Competitiveness and Global Competitiveness Indices and compilation of Safe Cities Index by the Economist Intelligence Unit.
• Niti Aayog has questioned Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP)’s terror ranking of India in its Global Terrorism Index of 2019.It has questioned the methodology adopted to rank India as the seventh worst terrorism affected country ahead of conflict-ridden countries such as the Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Burkina Faso, Palestine and Lebanon.