News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 12 May 2020
- May 15, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Mission Sagar, launched by India, aims to assist island nations in
a) Eastern Indian Ocean
b) Western Indian Ocean
c) South Pacific Ocean
d) All of the above
• India has launched Mission Sagar to assist island nations in the Eastern Indian Ocean.
2) Since 1999, May 11 is celebrated as National Technology Day to mark India’s technological advancements. Which among the following is not associated with the day?
a) Shakti-1 nuclear missile
b) Operation Shakti initiative
c) Successful test firing of Trishul
d) All of the above
• On May 11, 1998, India detonated three nuclear bombs in the Indian Army’s Pokhran Test Range.Dr APJ Abdul Kalam lead the Indian team of scientists to successfully test-fire the Shakti-1 nuclear missile at Rajasthan’s Pokhran test range.
• Two days later, the country successfully tested two more nuclear weapons as a part of the same Pokhran-II/Operation Shakti initiative. After these tests Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee declared India a nuclear state, making it the sixth country to join the ‘nuclear club’ of nations.
• Hansa 3, India’s first indigenous aircraft was first tested on the same day in 1998 in Bangalore.
• Successful test firing of Trishul, a short-range missile made in India, was also done on the same day.
3) SwasthVayu, recently seen in news, is associated with
b) Smog-sucking tower
d) None of the above
• National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL), Bangalore has developed BiPAP ventilator named SwasthVayu.
4) Kalapani, located on the Kailash Manasarovar route is a disputed territory between India and
d) Sri Lanka
5) Naku La, Nathu La and Jelep La belongs to the same state in India. Which is that state?
b) Arunachal Pradesh
d) Himachal Pradesh
• Naku La sector is a pass at a height of more than 5,000 metres above Mean Sea Level (MSL) in the state of Sikkim.It is located ahead of Muguthang or Cho Lhamu (source of River Teesta).The other passes located in the state of Sikkim are Nathu La Pass and Jelep La Pass.
• Rekindling tensions over boundary claims, Indian and Chinese troops have clashed at two points along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) recently, leaving personnel injured on both sides.The incidents took place in the Naku La sector and in a contested area near Pangong Tso, a lake in Ladakh.