News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 19 May 2020
- May 21, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) What percentage of funding of the projects under the Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme will be provided through government funding in the form of ‘Grant-in-Aid’?
• It aims to give a boost to domestic defence and aerospace manufacturing.
• The projects under the Scheme will be provided with up to 75% government funding in the form of ‘Grant-in-Aid’.
2) Shekatkar Committee recommendations, recently seen in news, is about
a) Police reforms
b) Military reforms
c) Overhaul of health sector
d) Overhaul of education sector
• Government has accepted and implemented three important recommendations of Committee of Experts (CoE) under the Chairmanship of Lt General D B Shekatkar (Retd) relating to border Infrastructure.
3) Which among the following is not one of the initiatives to boost Education Sector?
a) PM e-VIDYA
c) Manodarpan initiative
d) None of the above
• The Manodarpan initiative is being launched to provide such support through a website, a toll-free helpline, national directory of counselors, interactive chat platform, etc.
• DIKSHA (one nation-one digital platform).
• A comprehensive initiative called PM e-VIDYAwill be launched which unifies all efforts related to digital/online/on-air education.
4) Which among the following economies is not referred to as ‘travel bubble’ post-Covid lockdowns?
• The Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania have started what is being referred to as a ‘travel bubble’ to help put their economies back on track post-Covid lockdowns.
• Creating a travel bubble involves reconnecting countries or states that have shown a good level of success in containing the novel coronavirus pandemic domestically.
5) Charan Padukais a campaign launched for the migrant labourers passing through the state. It was launched in the state of
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) None of the above
• It is a campaign launched in Madhya Pradesh for the migrant labourers passing through the state. Under this campaign, the migrant labourers going barefoot are being providing shoes and slippers to reduce their pain.The most notable thing is that this campaign is being conducted by the police at most places.