News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 22 May 2020
- May 24, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) PM Ujjwala Yojana, along with a deposit-free LPG connection, provides eligible household with a financial assistance of
a) Rs 1000 per connection
b) Rs 1600 per connection
c) Rs 500 per connection
d) Rs 5000 per connection
• A deposit-free LPG connection is given to the eligible household with financial assistance of Rs 1,600 per connection.
• Applicant must not be a recipient of other similar schemes provided by the government.
2) Which among the following states doesn’t form a part of Western Ghats?
b) Andhra Pradesh
• 6 States have expressed desire to expedite early notification of Ecologically Sensitive Area of Western Ghats.These six states include Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu.
3) Which among the following is incorrect about Coir geotextiles?
a) 100% natural fiber
b) Renewable source
c) absorb solar radiation
d) None of the above
• Coir is a 100% natural fiber, obtained from a renewable source – the coconut husk.It has a permeable, natural and strong fabric with high durability.It can dissipate the energy of flowing water and absorb the excess solar radiation.
4) Which among the following is not the name of an insecticide used in India?
d) None of the above
• The drug is fatal to vultures, however, and a vulture is exposed to a mortal dose of diclofenac if it eats from the carcass of an animal that has been treated with diclofenac recently.
5) Which amongthe following are applications of Quantum entanglement?
1. Quantum teleportation
2. Super-dense coding
5. Gravitational lensing
Choose the correct answer using the codes given below
a) 1, 3 and 5 only
b) 3 and 4 only
c) 1, 2, 3 and 4 only
d) All of the above
• Researchers from Kolkata have developed a novel protocol to find out whether a pair of electrons is in an entangled state so that they can be safely used as resources for facilitating quantum information processing tasks. The protocol has been developed through theoretical and experimental analysis.
• Quantum entanglement has applications in the emerging technologies of quantum computing and quantum cryptography, and has been used to realize quantum teleportation and Super-dense codingexperimentally.