News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 27 May 2020
- May 29, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Chardham tunnel facilitates Chardham yatra. Which among the following is not a place connected by the tunnel?
• Chardham tunnelis a 440-m tunnel constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) below the densely populated Chamba town on the Rishikesh-Dharasuroad National Highway in Uttarakhand.
• It facilitates Chardham yatra by connecting Gangotri, Kedarnath, Yamunotri and Badrinath.
2) As per Indian constitution, labour falls under
a) Union List
b) Concurrent List
c) State List
d) Reserve List
• The International Labour Organisation (ILO) has expressed concern and urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to “send a clear message” to the Central and State governments to uphold international labour laws after the recent dilution of laws by some States.
• Labour falls in the Concurrent List.
3) Name of the virus that causes COVID 19.
a) SARS CoV 2
b) SARS CoV
c) Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
d) Nippah Virus
• World Health Organisation’s (WHO) recently announced moratorium on testing hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), the controversial anti-malarial drug, for treating COVID-19.
• ICTV announced “severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)” as the name of the new virus on 11 February 2020. This name was chosen because the virus is genetically related to the coronavirus responsible for the SARS outbreak of 2003. While related, the two viruses are different.
4) With respect to China, HongKong is located on the
c) North West
d) North East
• Hong Kong, officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, is a metropolitan area and special administrative region of China in the eastern Pearl River Delta by the South China Sea.
5) Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) members include chief of
a) State Bank of India
b) Controller General of Accounts
c) Banks Board Bureau
d) Comptroller and Auditor General of India
• The Council is chaired by the Union Finance Minister and its members are Governor, Reserve Bank of India; Finance Secretary and/or Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs; Secretary, Department of Financial Services; Chief Economic Adviser, Ministry of Finance; Chairman, Securities and Exchange Board of India etc.