News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 29 May 2020
- May 31, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Delimitation Commission’s orders are enforced as per the date specified by the
b) Prime Minister
c) Speaker of Lok Sabha
d) Chief Election Commissioner
• The commissions’ orders are enforced as per the date specified by the President of India.
• It aims to follow the principle of “One Vote One Value”.
• The Lok Sabha Speaker has nominated 15 MPs from Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh as “associate members” of the Delimitation Commission to assist the panel in redrawing parliamentary and assembly constituencies of the northeastern states and the union territory.
2) Citing African swine fever, China bans pork imports from India. It is a disease transmitted by
d) None of the above
• African swine fever (ASF) is a highly contagious haemorrhagic viral disease of domestic and wild pigs, which is responsible for serious economic and production losses. It is caused by a large DNA virus of the Asfarviridae family, which also infects ticks of the genus Ornithodoros.
3) The U.S. House of Representatives has approved a legislation calling for sanctions on officials responsible for oppression of Uighur Muslims. Uighur Muslims are recognized as native to
• The U.S. House of Representatives has approved a legislation calling for sanctions on Chinese officials responsible for oppression of Uighur Muslims. The Bill has been sent to the White House for President Donald Trump to veto or sign into law.
4) Interahamwe militia, recently seen in news, is a far-right Hutu paramilitary organization active in
a) Democratic Republic of the Congo
c) Both (a) and (b)
• It is a far-right Hutu paramilitary organization active in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda.
5) Military Gender Advocate of the Year Award 2020 is shared by the officers from India and
• The award for 2020 is shared between officers from India and Brazil.
• It recognizes the dedication of an individual military peacekeeper in promoting the principles of UN Security Resolution
• Created in 2016, the United Nations “Military Gender Advocate of the Year Award” recognizes the dedication and effort of an individual military peacekeeper in promoting the principles of UN Security Resolution For the first time, two peacekeepers will receive the award jointly for their contribution to this important cause.