News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 30 May 2020
- June 1, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Southern Oscillation, in reference to South West Monsoon, is the periodic change in the conditions of
d) None of the above
• Normally when the tropical eastern south Pacific Ocean experiences high pressure, the tropical eastern Indian Ocean experiences low pressure.But in certain years, there is a reversal in the pressure conditions and the eastern Pacific has lower pressure in comparison to the eastern Indian Ocean.This periodic change in pressure conditions is known as the Southern Oscillation (SO).
2) ‘Rozgar Setu’ is the first ever scheme by a state government to help secure employment for skilled workers who have returned back to their homes and were employed at industries elsewhere. Which is the state that rolled out the scheme?
a) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
• The Madhya Pradesh Government has announced the launch of the ‘Rozgar Setu’ scheme, to help secure employment for skilled workers who have returned back to their homes and were employed at industries elsewhere.
3) The shipyards at Alang, considered the world’s largest graveyard of ships, recycle approximately half of all ships salvaged around the world. Where is it located
b) West Bengal
• Alang is a census town in Bhavnagar district in the Indian state of Gujarat.In the past three decades, its beaches have become a major worldwide centre for ship breaking.
4) What percentage of Index of Industrial Production (IIP) does Eight Core Industries comprise?
• The Eight Core Industries comprise 40.27 per cent of the weight of items included in the Index of Industrial Production (IIP).
5) Which among the following the base year for Index of Industrial Production?
• Base Year for IIP is 2011-2012.