News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 04 Jun 2020
- June 6, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Who was the chairman of the panel set up by SEBI to suggest possible structure for Social Stock Exchanges (SSE)?
a) Biplab Kumar Sarma
b) Bibek Debroy
c) Ishaat Hussain
d) Kirit Parikh
• Ishaat Hussain panel set up by SEBI were to suggest possible structures and regulations for creating SSE to facilitate listing and fund-raising by social enterprises.
• As per the proposal, SSE can be housed within the existing stock exchange such as the BSE and/or National Stock Exchange (NSE).
2) As per the Constitution of India, territory of India includes
b) Union territories
c) Any territory that may be acquired
d) All of the above
• As per Article 1 in the Constitution, the territory of India shall consist of: The territories of the states, The Union territories and Any territory that may be acquired.
3) National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research (NCPOR) predicts that there would be a 24% increase in the expansion of Ameri Ice Shelf (AIS) boundaries by 2021. It is located in
b) Green Land
• The AIS is one of the largest glacier drainage basins in the world, located on the east coast of Antarctica, at about 70ºS Latitude, 70ºE Longitude.
4) Under Ministry of AYUSH, Pharmacopoeia Commission for Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy (PCIM&H) is a
a) Subordinate Office
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) None of the above
• Cabinet approves establishment of Pharmacopoeia Commission for Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy (PCIM&H) as Subordinate Office under Ministry of AYUSH.
• Presently, Pharmacopoeia Commission for Indian Medicine & Homoeopathy (PCIM&H) is an autonomous body under the aegis of Ministry of AYUSH established since 2010.
5) Which of the following technology is used in 5th generations of mobile networks?
a) Digital voice
b) Mobile data
c) Mobile broadband
d) Frequency division multiplexing
• UK administration has approached the US with the prospect of creating a 5G club of 10 democracies, including India, amid growing security concerns related to Chinese telecom giant Huawei.
• 1G: Analog voice (1980)
• 2G: Digital voice (1990s)
• 3G: Mobile data (2000s)
• 4G: Mobile broadband (2010s)
• 5G: OFDM (Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing), (2020s)