News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 06 Jun 2020
- June 8, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) ‘#iCommit’ initiative, launched on the occasion of World Environment Day is driven by
a) Ministry of Power
b) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
c) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
d) Both (b) and (c)
• The initiative is driven by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under the administration of Ministry of Power.
2) Which among the following is not one of the disadvantages of LiDAR?
a) Can’t perform well in rain
b) Can’t perform well industy weather
c) Struggles to detect a glass wall
d) None of the above
• Struggles to detect a glass wall or door, which is why smartphone manufacturers and self-driving cars makers use LiDAR along with secondary cameras and sensors.Can’t perform well in fog, rain, snow and dusty weather.
3) Ambarnaya river, recently seenin news, is located in
• Russia has declared a state of emergency after a power plant fuel leak in its Arctic region caused 20,000 tonnes of diesel oil to escape into a local river Ambarnaya, turning its surface crimson red.
4) Petrapole-Benapole border checkpoint between India and
• It is the Indian side of Petrapole-Benapole border checkpoint between India and Benapole of Bangladesh, on the Bangladesh-India border, near Bongaon in North 24 Parganas district of West Bengal.
5) Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF), launched to encourage acquirers to deploy point of sale infrastructure in north eastern states, is an initiative of
a) Ministry of Finance
d) National Payments Corporation of India
• In an effort to give a push to digital payments across the country, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is setting up a Payment Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) of Rs 500 crore.
• The fund will be governed through an advisory council but it will be managed and administered by the RBI.