News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 09 Jun 2020
- June 11, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Non-permanent members of the United Nations Security Council for a period of
a) 10 years
b) 5 years
c) 2 years
d) 1 year
• General Assembly elects 5 non-permanent members out of a total of 10, every year, for a two-year term.
2) India’s forex reserves are rising despite the slowdown in the economy. What may be the reasons for that?
a) Rise in investment by foreign portfolio investors
b) Fall in crude oil prices
c) Fall in overseas remittances
d) Both (a) and (b)
• Amid pandemic, India’s foreign exchange reserves are rising and are slated to hit the $500 billion mark soon.In the month of May, forex reserves jumped by $12.4 billion to an all-time high of $493.48 billion (around Rs 37.30 lakh crore) for the week ended May 29.
3) What is the recently announced summer capital of Uttarakhand?
d) None of the above
• Gairsain in Chamoli district was formally declared as the summer capital of Uttarakhand.
4) Which among the following state has launched India’s first online waste exchange platform?
a) Andhra Pradesh
• It will help the authorities monitor the movement of hazardous waste real-time using the tools incorporated in the platform.The platform will be handled by the AP Environment Management Corporation (APEMC).
5) Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana was launched on the birth anniversary of
1. No new funds are allocated to this Yojana.
Choose the correct answer using the codes given below
a) Sardar Patel
b) Jayaprakash Narayan
c) Jawaharlal Nehru
d) Madan Mohan Malaviya
• The programme was launched on the birth anniversary of Jayaprakash Narayan, on 11 October 2014.