News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 11 Jun 2020
- June 13, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following statements criteria where used by 15th Finance Commission to determine the share of states?
a) population in 2011
b) demographic performance
c) tax effort.
d) All of the above
• The 15th Finance Commission used the following criteria while determining the share of states:
o 45% for the income distance.
o 15% for the population in 2011
o 15% for the area
o 10% for forest and ecology
o 5% for demographic performance, and
o 5% for tax effort.
2) Daulat Beg Oldie (DBO) has the world’s highest airstrip, It is located in
a) Jammu and Kashmir
b) Himachal Pradesh
d) Arunachal Pradesh
• DBO is the northernmost corner of Indian territory in Ladakh, in the area better known in Army parlance as Sub-Sector North.
• The construction of the 255-km long Darbuk-Shyokh-Daulat Beg Oldie (DSDBO) all-weather road is said to be the immediate reason behind the standoff between Indian Army and a Chinese Army along LAC.
3) Central Pollution Control Board will classify railway stations under the red, orange and green categories. The categories are based on
a) Cleanliness of tracks in the station
b) ODF status of railway station
c) Quantityof waste water generated
d) None of the above
• Central Pollution Control Board will classify railway stations under the red, orange and green categories based on the quantity of waste water generated.
4) Operation Desert Chase, recently seen in news, is a
a) Military Exercise
b) Anti-espionage operation
c) Exercise to combat desertification
d) None of the above
• It was the name of the Anti-espionage operation started by Military Intelligence (MI) in early 2019. It successfully culminated in June 2020 with the arrest of two men. Both were arrested under relevant sections of Official Secrets Act, 1923.
5) Which among the following genetically modified seeds are legally allowed in India?
b) Ht cotton
c) Bt cotton
d) Both (b) and (c)
• In the current kharif season, farmers would undertake mass sowing of GM seeds for maize, soyabean, mustard brinjal and herbicide tolerant (Ht) cotton, although these are not approved.