News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 12 Jun 2020
- June 14, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Who among the following has the power to set up a Foreigners tribunal?
a) District magistrates
b) High Court of the state
c) Ministry of Home Affairs
d) All of the above
• District magistrates in all States and Union Territories has the power to set up foreigners’ tribunals.
• The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has amended the Foreigners (Tribunals) Order, 1964, and has empowered district magistrates in all States and Union Territories to set up tribunals (quasi-judicial bodies) to decide whether a person staying illegally in India is a foreigner or not.The amended order (Foreigners (Tribunal) Order, 2019) also empowers individuals to approach the Tribunals. Earlier, only the State administration could move the Tribunal against a suspect.
2) The first population estimation exercise of Indian gaur carried out in the Nilgiris forest division. As per IUCN Red List, the species is
b) Least Concern
d) Critically Endangered
• It is native to South and Southeast Asia and has been listed as Vulnerable on the IUCN Red List since 1986.
3) Momentmagnitude scale (Mw), recently heard in news, is used to measuring the strength of
a) Virus load
b) Earth Quake
c) Deep sea pressure
d) None of the above
• Richter magnitude scale (ML) is used for measuring the strength (amount of energy released) of earthquakes in 1930s.Because of the various shortcomings of the ML scale, seismologists now use moment magnitude scale (Mw).
4) Recently, ‘India Rankings 2020’ of Institutions of Higher Education was released. Which among the following is not a criterion used for the ranking?
a) Graduation Outcomes.
b) Outreach and Inclusivity.
c) Peer Perception.
d) None of the above
• Parameters include
o Teaching, Learning and Resources.
o Research and Professional Practices.
o Graduation Outcomes.
o Outreach and Inclusivity.
o Peer Perception.
5) Poonam Avlokan, recently heard in news, is a method used in the census of
d) Indian Gaur
• Poonam Avlokan (developed in 2014) is a monthly in-house exercise carried out every full moon for counting lions in the Gir region.