News & Events
Current affairs Quiz , 13 Jun 2020
- June 15, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which is the first Indian city to get an Integrated Flood Warning System to control urban flooding?
• Mumbai is only the second city in the country after Chennai to get this system. Similar systems are being developed for Bengaluru and Kolkata.
2) World Day against Child Labour is observed every year on June 12th under the aegis of
• First launched in 2002 to raise awareness and prevent child labour by the International Labour Organisation.
• Theme: COVID-19 – Protect children from child labour now, more than ever”.
3) It is an ancient circular lake created by a meteorite strike in Maharashtra.lies within the only known extra-terrestrial impact crater found within the great Deccan Traps, a huge basaltic formation in India. It is relatively young geologically, at just 50,000 years old. Which of the following is being mentioned in the passage?
• Team of scientists to examine why Maharashtra’s lonar lake has turned pink.
4) Sahakar Mitra scheme launched to provide an opportunity to professionals from academic institutions to develop leadership and entrepreneurial roles through cooperatives. It is an initiative of
a) National Cooperative Development Corporation
b) National Commission for Scheduled Castes
c) Tata Consultancy Services
d) Directorate General of Employment
• It is an initiative by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC)
• Under the programme, each intern will get financial support over a 4 months internship period.
5) Towards Per Drop More Crop Scheme, under NABARD, government has created a micro irrigation fund corpus of
a) Rs. 50,000 crore
b) Rs. 5,000 crore
c) Rs. 500 crore
d) Rs. 50 crore
• Department of Agriculture Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare is the implementing agency for the scheme.
• Micro Irrigation Fund corpus of Rs. 5000 crore has been created with NABARD for the purpose of the scheme.