News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 16 Jun 2020
1) ADIP Scheme, which aims to assist abled persons in procuring modern, standard aids, is implemented by
b) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• It is being implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and ALIMCO.
• It aims to assist the disabled persons in procuring modern, standard aids that can promote their rehabilitation.
2) Indian Gas Exchange (IGX) is the first nationwide online delivery-based gas trading platform. It deals with the trade of
a) Natural Gas
c) Liquefied petroleum gas
d) Both (a) and (c)
• The IGX is a digital trading platform that will allow buyers and sellers of natural gas to trade both in the spot market and in the forward market for imported natural gas across three hubs —Dahej and Hazira in Gujarat, and Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh.
3) Scientists have observed the fifth state of matter in space for the first time. It is obtained at a temperature of
a) – 273.15 oCelsius
b) 273.15 oCelsius
• Bose-Einstein condensates (BECs) — the existence of which was predicted by Albert Einstein and Indian mathematician Satyendra Nath Bose almost a century ago — are formed when atoms of certain elements are cooled to near absolute zero (0 Kelvin, minus 273.15 Celsius).
4) SIPRI report, released recently, deals with
b) Income Inequality
c) International trade
d) None of the above
• A new yearbook released by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).The yearbook “assesses the current state of armaments, disarmament and international security”.
5) Which among the following countries is not a founding members of Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI)?
c) South Korea
• It is an international and multi-stakeholder initiative to guide the responsible development and use of AI.
• Founding members:Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea, Singapore, Slovenia, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and the European Union.