News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 18 Jun 2020
- June 20, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following can be considered as a non-banking financial company (NBFC) in India?
a) Leasing companies
b) Investment companies
c) House finance companies
d) Venture capital companies
• A housing finance company is considered a non-banking financial company (NBFC) under the RBI’s regulations.
• A company is treated as an NBFC if its financial assets are more than 50% of its total assets.
2) Which is the smallest and shallowest of the world’s five major oceans?
a) Atlantic Ocean
b) Indian Ocean
c) Southern Ocean
d) Arctic Ocean
• The Arctic Ocean is the smallest and shallowest of the world’s five major oceans and it is also known as the coldest of all the oceans.
3) National Centre of Polar and Ocean Research, established as an autonomous R&D Institution of the Ministry of Earth Sciences, is located in
d) None of the above
• The National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research, formerly known as the National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research is an Indian research and development institution, situated in Vasco da Gama, Goa.
4) Crocodile species found in India includes
a) Marsh Crocodile
b) Saltwater Crocodile
d) All of the above
• Crocodile species found in India includes
o Mugger or Marsh Crocodile
o Estuarine or Saltwater Crocodile
o Gharial or River water Crocodile
5) World Crocodile Day is celebrated on
a) June 17th
b) June 18th
c) July 17th
d) August 21st
• The day is a global awareness campaign to highlight the plight of endangered crocodiles and alligators around the world.World Crocodile Day is celebrated on 17th June.