News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 22 Jun 2020
- June 24, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Recently launched Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan is aimed at
a) returned migrant workers
b) unemployed urban workers
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• The villages will join this programme through the common service centres and Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
• The focus districts are chosen to provide maximum benefit to returned migrant workers.
2) Which among the following can be attributed as advantages of intercropping?
a) lower pest densities
b) Improved soil fertility
c) Reduced soil erosion.
d) All of the above
• Advantages of intercropping:
o More efficient use of light, water and other nutrient resources compared to single crops.
o It allows for effective management of cover crops because crop mixtures have lower pest densities.
o Potential increased crop yields per unit area.
o Improved soil fertility by leguminous intercrops e.g. nitrogen fixing.
o Reduced soil erosion.
o Lowered soil surface evaporation.
3) Madhesis, a minority community, are concentrated in
• Nepali opposition party leaders have opposed the planned changes in the existing citizenship rules that will most notably affect the families in Nepal’s plains also known as the Madhes region where cross-border kinship with India is common.
4) Golden Langurs, one of the Schedule I species in the Wildlife Protection Act (1972), is found in
b) Tamil Nadu
d) Both (a) and (b)
• Found in Small regions of western Assam and in the neighbouring foothills of the black mountains of Bhutan.
5) Theme for International Yoga Day 2020 is “Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home”. It is celebrated every year on
a) June 21
b) June 20
c) June 19
d) July 21
• UN proclaimed June 21 as International Day of Yoga by passing a resolution in 2014.