News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 23 Jun 2020
- June 25, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which of the following statements is incorrect about Arms Trade Treaty?
a) It regulates international sale of weapons
b) It regulates domestic same of weapons
c) China hasn’t signed the treaty.
d) Both (b) and (c)
• It calls for the international sale of weapons to be linked to the human rights records of buyers.
• It does not regulate the domestic sale or use of weapons in any country.
• National People’s Congress, China’s top legislative body, has voted to join the global treaty to regulate conventional arms sales at a time when the country has been cornered over its handling of pandemic and curbing of Hong Kong’s autonomy.
2) Which among the following is correct about Annular Solar Eclipse?
a) Bright ring of sunlight shines around the Moon
b) A small sliver of the Sun may be seen
c) Moon completely blocks the solar disk
d) None of the above
• When the Moon is farther away in its orbit than usual, it appears too small to completely cover the Sun’s disk. During such an event, a bright ring of sunlight shines around the Moon. This type of eclipse is a called an “annular” eclipse.
3) The city of Delhi is located in seismic zone IV, the second-highest earthquake hazard zone in the country.Who releases seismic hazard map of India?
a) Bureau of Indian Standards
b) IIT Roorkee
c) National Physical Laboratory
• Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) which is the official agency for publishing seismic hazard maps and codes in India prepared several seismic hazard maps consisting of six zones (1962), seven zones (1966) and five zones (1970).
4) Senkaku Islands, often seen in news, a disputed island, is located in
a) East China Sea
b) South China Sea
c) Pacific Ocean
d) None of the above
• The Senkaku Islands are located in the East China Sea between Japan, the People’s Republic of China, and the Republic of China (Taiwan). The archipelago contains five uninhabited islands and three barren rocks, ranging in size from 800 m2 to 4.32 km2.
5) Which among the following statements about Pangong Tso is correct?
a) Salt water lake.
b) Conclave lake
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• Pangong Tso literally translates into a “conclave lake”. Pangong means conclave in Ladakhi and Tso means a lake in Tibetan language.It is a salt water lake.