News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 30 Jun 2020
- July 2, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) With regard to the evolution of continents, which among the following present day continents were the part of ancient Gondwana Landmass?
b) South America
d) All of the above
• Laurasia in the north became Europe, Asia, and North America.
• Gondwana in the south dispersed to form modern-day Africa, Antarctica, South America, and Australia.
• Researchers from GNS Science in New Zealand have announced that they mapped the shape and size of the Zealandia continent in unprecedented detail.
2) Which of the following water bodies surrounds the conflicted site of West Bank?
a) Dead Sea
b) Red Rea
c) Mediterranean Sea
d) All of the above
• It is a landlocked territory near the Mediterranean coast of Western Asia, bordered by Jordan to the east and by the Green Line separating it and Israel on the south, west and north. The West Bank also contains a significant section of the western Dead Sea shore.
3) The government has launched the scheme- Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro Food Enterprises (PM FME). Which among the following statements are correct about the scheme?
a) Focus on Perishables
b) Chaired by Prime minister
c) Central Sector Scheme
d) None of the above
• Centrally Sponsored Expenditure to be shared by Government of India and States at 60:40.The Scheme would be monitored at Centre by an Inter-Ministerial Empowered Committee (IMEC) under the Chairmanship of Minister, FPI.
4) Who under Article 371A has “special responsibility with respect to law and order” in the case of the state of Nagaland?
a) Prime Minister
b) Chief Minister
• It applies exclusively to Nagaland and bestows upon the governor “special responsibility with respect to law and order”.
5) Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States Program (STARS), which aims toimprove the quality and governance of school education in six Indian states is an initiative of
a) World Bank
• It is an initiative by World Bank.Six states are- Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Rajasthan.