News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 07 Jul 2020
- July 9, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organisation (NATMO) which compiles the National Atlas of India is headquartered in
b) New Delhi
• NATMO publishes 4th updated version of its COVID-19 Dashboard.It is headquartered in Kolkata.
• Its functions include compilation of the National Atlas of India.
2) MSME Emergency Response Programme is an initiative by Indian government and
a) World Bank
• World Bank and the Government of India signed an agreement for the MSME Emergency Response Programme.
• It involves $750 million loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD).
3) World Drug Report is an annual publication that analyses market trends, compiling detailed statistics on drug markets. It is released by
a) Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
b) United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
c) World Federation Against Drugs (WFAD)
d) None of the above
• The fourth highest seizure of opium in 2018 was reported from India, after Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan, according to the latest World Drug Report of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).
4) Which among the factors are used by Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) to roll out SDG Index?
a) Clean energy and industry
b) Sustainable land use
c) Digital technologies
d) All of the above
• SDG Index is prepared by teams of independent experts at the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN).
• The SDG index frames the implementation of 17 SDG goals among UN member states in terms of six broad transformations:
o Education and skills,
o Health and wellbeing,
o Clean energy and industry,
o Sustainable land use,
o Sustainable cities,
o Digital technologies.
• Among 193 countries for which the SDG index was prepared, India stands at the 117th position with an overall score of 61.92
5) Lucknow Zardozi was given Geographical Indication (GI) registration in 2013. It came to India from
• Zari work or Zardozi, an art which is considered quite popular amongst embroiders and designers, survives in the narrow alleys of the Old Town of Bhopal.It came to India from Persia.