News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 08 Jul 2020
- July 10, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) ‘Black Death’ was responsible for the deaths of millions of people in Europe. It refers to
b) COVID 19
d) Spanish flu
• Bayannur, a city in northern China, is on high alert after a suspected case of Bubonic plague was reported Recently.It can be transmitted to humans through infected animals and fleas.
2) Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA)is a US federal law that imposed sanctions on
b) North Korea
d) All of the above
• Enacted in 2017, it is a US federal law that imposed sanctions on Iran, North Korea and Russia.The US has urged all its allies and partners to forgo transactions with Russia that risk triggering sanctions under the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA).
3) Delhi Urban Art Commission, a statutory body under the act of Parliament, plays the role of
a) A thinktank
b) An advisor to GoI
c) A regulator
d) All of the above
• DUAC plays a threefold role – a policy advisor to the Government of India, a regulatory body and a think tank.
4) Idlib, a place often seen in news, is located in
• Syrian and Russian planes have carried out deadly aerial strikes on schools, hospitals and markets in Idlib province. UN investigators have termed these attacks as war crimes.Idlib is a city in northwestern Syria, 59 kilometers southwest of Aleppo, which is the capital of the Idlib Governorate. It has an elevation of nearly 500 meters above sea level.
5) Namami Gange, that seeks to rejuvenate the Ganga river, is headed by
a) Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
b) Cabinet Secretary
c) Prime Minister
d) Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
• It is headed by the Prime Minister.
• The World Bank and the Government of India have signed a loan agreement to enhance support for the Namami Gange programme that seeks to rejuvenate the Ganga river.