News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 09 Jul 2020
- July 11, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) Which are the first 2 countries to have eliminated Rubella and Measles in the World Health Organisation’s South-East Asian Region (WHO SEAR) before the deadline of 2023?
a) India and Pakistan
b) India and China
c) Maldives and Sri Lanka
d) Maldives and India
• Recently, the Maldives and Sri Lanka have become the first two countries in the World Health Organisation’s South-East Asian Region (WHO SEAR) to have eliminated both measles and rubella ahead of the 2023 deadline.
2) Chicago Convention, often seen in news, deals with
a) International Civil Aviation
c) Climate Change
• The Freedom of air was formulated in the Convention on International Civil Aviation of 1944, known as the Chicago Convention.
3) Who is known to be the chief architect of codifications of criminal laws in India?
a) Lord Macaulay
b) Lord Ripon
c) C Rajagopalachari
d) BR Ambedkar
• Lord Thomas Babington Macaulay is said to be the chief architect of codifications of criminal laws in India.
• A group of retired judges, former bureaucrats and others have written to the newly constituted Committee for Reforms in Criminal Laws, questioning the lack of diversity in the committee and asking for more transparency in its functioning.
4) In Red Clump stage of a star’s life, a process called Helium flash occurs. This refers to the production of
d) All of the above
• When stars grow beyond their Red Giant stage into what is known as the Red Clump stage, they produce lithium in what is known as a Helium Flash and this is what enriches them with lithium.
5) Point Pedro, recently seen in news, is located in the India’s neighbouring state of
d) Sri Lanka
• Fishermen along the northern coast of Jaffna Peninsula, especially Point Pedro, have complained to northern Fisheries authorities about their nets being found damaged in the sea, after being caught under the large Indian trawlers that were reportedly in Sri Lanka’s territorial waters.