News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 11 Jul 2020
- July 13, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) National Fish Farmers Day Observed on 10th July every year in honour of scientists
a) K. H. Alikunhi
b) H.L. Chaudhury
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• It is observed on 10th July every year in honour of scientists Dr. K. H. Alikunhi and Dr. H.L. Chaudhury.These two scientists had successfully demonstrated the technology of induced breeding (Hypophysation) in Indian Major Carps.
2) Bhashan Char island, often seen in news, is located in
• Hundreds of Rohingya refugees on a flood-prone island in the Bay of Bengal will not be allowed to leave unless they agree to return home, Bangladesh authorities said Thursday.
• The 306 Muslim Rohingya from Myanmar were put on Bhashan Char island in April after being taken off two boats trying to traffic them to Malaysia.
3) Hagia Sophia, recently converted from a museum to a mosque, is located in
d) Saudi Arabia
• Turkey’s president Recep Tayyip Erdogan has declared Istanbul’s Hagia Sophia open to Muslim worship after a top court ruled that the building’s conversion to a museum by modern Turkey’s founding statesman was illegal.
4) India Cycles4 Change Challenge is an initiative to inspire and support Indian cities to quickly implement cycling-friendly initiatives in response to COVID-19. It comes under
a) Smart Cities Mission
b) Swachh Bharat Mission
c) Namami Gange
d) None of the above
• It is an initiative of the Smart Cities Mission, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs to inspire and support Indian cities to quickly implement cycling-friendly initiatives in response to COVID-19.
5) National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) should have a minimum of ___________ number of women members
• It works under the administrative control of the Ministry of Women & Child Development.
• It has a chairperson and six members of which at least two should be women.