News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 15 Jul 2020
- July 17, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) World Youth Skills Day is celebrated on
a) October 4
b) July 14
c) June 15
d) July 15
• 15th July is marked as World Youth Skills Day.It was designated by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in 2014.Theme for 2020 is “Skills for a Resilient Youth”.
2) Pragyata guidelines, often seen in news, deals with
a) Sexual discrimination
b) Digital divide
c) Digital education
d) Caste discrimination
• Union HRD Ministry on Tuesday released the guidelines for Digital Education. The ministry has recommended a cap on the screen time for students. As per the guidelines, online classes for pre-primary students should not be for more than 30 minutes. It further mentions that two online sessions of up to 30-45 minutes each should be conducted for classes 1 to 8 and four sessions for classes 9 to 12.
3) Bilateral Trade and Investment Agreement (BTIA), often seen in news, is a trade deal discussion going on between India and
b) European Union
c) United States
d) None of the above
• At the upcoming Virtual “EU- India Summit”, Leaders expected to give a kickstart to negotiations on the Bilateral Trade and Investment Agreement (BTIA) as the EU-India FTA is known, which have failed to be resumed despite several commitments by the leaders, including at the last E.U.-India summit in 2017.
4) Artsakh, recently seen in news, is a disputed site in
d) None of the above
• Nagorno-Karabakh, also known as Artsakh, is a landlocked region in the South Caucasus, within the mountainous range of Karabakh.It is internationally recognized as part of Azerbaijan.
5) Which among the following is not correct about Kaziranga National Park?
a) UNESCO World Heritage Site
b) Important Bird Area
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (b) nor (b)
• Animals die as flood waters submerge Assam’s Kaziranga national park.It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985.It is also recognized as an Important Bird Area by BirdLife International.