News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 27 Jul 2020
- July 29, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quizes
1) In India, which among the following doesn’t have the power to punish against the contempt?
d) None of the above
• Article 129 and 215 of the Constitution of India empowers the Supreme Court and High Court respectively to punish people for their respective contempt.
• Both the Houses of Indian Parliament as well as the State Legislatures have the power to punish for breach of privilege and contempt of the House.
2) Recently, Poland has decided to withdraw from Istanbul Convention. What does the convention deal with?
a) Domestic violence
c) Animal Cruelty
d) Freedom of religion
• ASF is a highly contagious and fatal animal disease that infects domestic and wild pigs, typically resulting in an acute form of hemorrhagic fever.ASF is a highly contagious and fatal animal disease that infects domestic and wild pigs, typically resulting in an acute form of hemorrhagic fever.
3) SWAMIHfund was set up as a Category-II AIF (Alternate Investment Fund) debt fund registered with SEBI. It aims to help with
a) Affordable Housing
b) Forward caste reservation
c) Transport infrastructure
d) None of the above
• 81 projects have been approved so far under the Special Window for Affordable and Mid Income Housing (SWAMIH) fund.
4) India is not a member in
c) Australia Group
d) Wassenaar Arrangement
• The US administration has relaxed export restrictions on specific types of unmanned aerial systems, commonly known as drones, enabling U.S. defense contractors to sell more of their wares abroad.So far, the U.S. government’s interpretation of the export controls under the Missile Technology Control Regime, or MTCR had led to a blanket denial of most countries’ requests to buy “category-1” systems capable of carrying 500-kilogram payloads for more than 300 kilometers.
5) As per recently released Global Forest Resources Assessment (FRA), India have recorded the average annual net gains in forest area during 2010-2020. It was released by
a) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
b) United Nations Environment Programme
c) International Union for Conservation of Nature
d) World Wide Fund for Nature
• Global Forest Resources Assessment (FRA) 2020 was recently released by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations.