News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 28 Jul 2020
- July 30, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) is a flagship program of
a) Ministry for Human Resource Development
b) Ministry of Finance
c) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
d) None of the above
• TRIFED has entered into a partnership with IIT Delhi for the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA).
• It is a flagship program of the Ministry for Human Resource Development (MHRD).It aims to link the Higher Education Institutions with a set of at least (5) villages,so that these institutions can contribute to the economic and social betterment of these village communities using their knowledge base.
2) Recently, State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020 (SOFI 2020) was released. It was prepared by
a) Food and Agriculture Organization.
b) International Fund for Agricultural Development.
c) World Health Organization.
d) All of the above
• The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World is an annual flagship report jointly prepared by:
o Food and Agriculture Organization.
o International Fund for Agricultural Development.
o United Nations Children’s Fund.
o World Food Programme.
o World Health Organization.
3) Blue poppy, also known as Queen of Himalayan Flowers, are depleting at lower altitudes and rocky moraines. Where is it found?
c) Himachal Pradesh
d) All of the above
• It is found from Kumaon to Kashmir at elevations of 3,000 to 5,000 meters.
4) ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ contestis an open challenge to promote the innovators and startups of the country. It is launched by
c) IIT Delhi
d) IISc Banglore
• It is launched by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on the 5th death anniversary of former President and noted scientist Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
5) Bulk Drug Parks was launched to reduce manufacturing cost of bulk drugs in the country and dependency on other countries for bulk drugs by
a) Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
b) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) Neither (a) nor (b)
• Both the statements are correct. Launched by the Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers in line with the vision and clarion call for making India AtmaNirbhar in the pharma sector.