News & Events
Current Affairs Quiz , 29 Jul 2020
- July 31, 2020
- Posted by: DOTS ACADEMY
- Category: Quizes
1) Which among the following river is also known as ‘DakshinaBhageerathi’ and ‘River Baris’?
• Pampa is the third longest river in Kerala after Periyar and Bharathappuzha.
2) Tuting-Tidding Suture Zone (TTSZ), recently found to ne cause of earthquakes in Himalayan region is located in
b) Himachal Pradesh
d) Arunachal Pradesh
• TTSZ is a major part of the Eastern Himalaya, where the Himalaya takes a sharp southward bend and connects with the Indo-Burma Range.According to a recent study, TTSZ is generating moderate earthquakes at two different depths in Arunachal Pradesh.
3) The Union government launched the Green-Ag Project to reduce emissions from agriculture and ensure sustainable agricultural practices. It was launched in
a) Uttar Pradesh
• The Union government on July 28, 2020, launched the Green-Ag Project in Mizoram, to reduce emissions from agriculture and ensure sustainable agricultural practices.Mizoram is one of the five states where the project will be implemented. Other states include Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Uttarakhand.
4) Nagarjunasagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve (NSTR)is the largest Tiger Reserve in India. Which among the following rivers passes through the reserve?
• The Krishna river cuts its basin almost 200 m (660 ft) deep over a distance of 130 km (81 mi) through the reserve.
5) Which among the following statements about Rafale fighter jets is correct?
a) Single engine
b) 5th generation fighter aircraft
c) Vertical take off
d) None of the above
• It is a twin-engine fighter jet manufactured by Dassault Aviation of France.While Rafale is a 4.5 generation aircraft. Five Rafale jets arrived in India. These are part of the 36 twin-engine aircraft purchased from Dassault Rafale at approximately Rs 59,000 crore in 2016.